Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Calamus, Iowa


Calamus is a small town in Clinton County, Iowa that had a population of 439 at the 2010 census which was an increase of  11.4%  from the 2000 census.

As with many small Midwestern towns the race breakdown - 2010 census -  is primarily White (95.4%) with two or more races, Hispanic, American Indian alone and others accounting for the remaining  4.6%.

Population in 2013 was  425  all of which rural. This a population change of  +7.9%  since 2000.