From the March 12, 2000 Palladium-Item Richmond, Indiana newspaper:
"Philip Doddridge and his fellow parishioners built a log cabin in 1816 for their Methodist Episcopalian meetings.
Parishioners moved services into a brick church they built in 1823. The congregation in 1876 replaced it with today's brick Italianate chapel.
The Doddridge Chapel Cemetery Association bought the
property from the United Methodist conference to save it from demolition "