Monday, February 17, 2014

Monday Morning Coffee: Objective / Subjective.

 
In Photo and Stuff, Amolitor writes:
 
"If you aim to take realistic photographs, there are at least two different things you can be striving for:
 
I want to make a photograph which allows you to have much the same experience as if you had been there,
 or
I want to make a photograph which allows you to have much the same experience as I had when I was there."

Objectivity is very difficult and rarely achieved.  There is a mixture of subject, equipment, materials, along with personality and experience of the photographer.  These all have an impact on the final result.

Because of these diverse inputs, almost all photographs end up being subjective. They reflect the choices made and the manner in which they were used.


  Harford City. Indiana

Is this what you would have seen if you were there, or is this what I saw and you are seeing what I saw?




No comments:

Post a Comment